[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SpriteSpot.com • View topic - Bugeye seats piping/carpet trim

Bugeye seats piping/carpet trim

Need advice on installation, materials, originality? Check in here.

Bugeye seats piping/carpet trim

Postby Jack » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:02 am

Hi,
I noticed that some Bugeyes have seats with colored piping (often the same tone of the bodywork) while other cars not, for example black seats with black piping.
The same thing happens to carpets: I found them with colored trim or not. Is there a specific reason for these differences?
Austin Healey originally produced both of these versions or someone commited a mistake during the car restoration?

Thanks in advance,
Jack
Jack
948cc

Re: Bugeye seats piping/carpet trim

Postby trevor » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:14 am

Accent color piping was an option.

"The Original Sprite and Midget" by Terry Horler is a book that gives a pretty good guide to originality.
trevor
1275cc

Postby Jack » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:30 am

Jack
948cc

Postby trevor » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:45 am

Hmmm... apparently it is out of print at this time. You might watch ebay.
I'll try to get you the seat/color options later.
trevor
1275cc

Postby trevor » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:42 am

trevor
1275cc

Postby Jack » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:24 pm

Jack
948cc

Postby trevor » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:51 pm

That chart is from Terry Horler's book. There are errors in his book, but I can not imagine the chart is wrong. Ordering a heritage certificate is about the only way to know for certain. However, changing interior is easy to do in these little cars. The wrong color interior would not deter me if the rest of the car was pristine.
trevor
1275cc

Postby Jack » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:02 pm

Ok, now it's time to get the heritage certificate to obtain some certain details about the car. I will do it in the next days.
One more thing: I saw several Bugeyes for sale on web that have the same color scheme, with cherry red bodywork matched with all black interior.
In particular one car from USA is one-owner and it hasn't been restored: it makes me think that maybe this color scheme was available for the North American market only.
It's just a supposition but it's strange to see all these cars with wrong colors... are all messed up?

Below there's a pic of the Bugeye that I see last week: it has been fitted with Moto-Lita steering wheel but the rest seems original to me. Any opinion about it?
I will open a new topic about this car in the proper room soon! :wink:

Jack
948cc

Return to Interior