SS Forum

This forum is for topics pertaining to Spridgets in general (and not any specific model). If you're not sure where to post a question, this is the place.

SS Forum

Postby Charlie Tolman » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:23 am

Fellow SpriteSpot contributors:

By my count for September, there was only one new posting to the forum topics, with only one reply. August was slightly better, but with only four new postings and only four replies, with two of these replies not related to the new postings, the count is still quite low.

A year or two ago, we lost two very knowledgeable contributors, who mastery of Sprite / Midget information was encyclopedic. Today, we miss their sage inputs.

However, the general interest in the SpriteSpot forum is waning, and the reason is not clear. There are other British car forums of note, but there needs to be an increased exchange of questions, answers, recommendations, enthusiasm, etc., to keep our special forum as a viable entity.

Charlie Tolman
Racing a 1963 Sprite for 17 years in SCCA (retired).
Owner of a 1957 Austin Healey 100-6, many years ago.
Charlie Tolman
Judson Supercharged

Re: SS Forum

Postby Charlie Tolman » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:04 am

My forum participation count for August might be in error, as listed above, with the numbers probably being five new postings and eleven replies (some replies are based on postings before August).

However, the main point, to be repeated, is that the participation activity is low, and has decreased over the year.
The administrator, probably with some assistance, has created a very nice website or bulletin board, and we should endeavor to increase the participation in this powerful forum system.

Charlie T.
Charlie Tolman
Judson Supercharged

Postby admin » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:05 pm

Hi Charlie--

Thanks for the kind words--actually trying to upgrade SS now. Would like to see if I can get the automatic registrations to work (again) and avoid the spamming problems.

Appreciate everyone's patience (work and life just getting in the way)
admin
Site Admin

Postby randyz » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:30 pm

I've always liked this website, but it certainly has been low on new posts for a while. I check in probably once a week, but I just don't see others posting anything.
randyz
Pit Crew

Postby Ralph » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:55 am

Are the automatic registrations up and running now, as that will have a big influence on new members to contribute?
What I miss the most is the Sprite Spot Photo Gallery - http://www.spritespot.com/gallery/ especially the restoration photos of Jonathan Whitehouse-Bird's 410EAO Sebring Sprite.
Ralph
Ralph
Pit Crew

Postby mgilpat629 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:36 pm

I think Facebook is stealing your visitors. Have you considered creating a Facebook page?
1965 Austin Healy Sprite
mgilpat629
Pit Crew

Return to General Spridget Topics