[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SpriteSpot.com • View topic - 1965 Sprite MK III

1965 Sprite MK III

This forum is for topics and questions specifically related to the Mk III/Mk II variants.

1965 Sprite MK III

Postby gwalker4 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:04 pm

I am a new member and now own a Sprite MK III for the second time. The 1st time I owned one was in 1965 for 4 years and college was more important than the MK III; really missed it. Now I have another one and it will require a lot of work. As I start back into owning this one I am asking for some help. I have set valve clearance, new plugs, new points and condenser & set gap on points, static timed, synchronized and adjusted SU carburetor, and new fuel & air filters. When I go for a drive the engine backfires & sputters now and then. The engine also seems sluggish, not much get up and go and sometimes when I come to a stop and put the clutch in the RPMs drops and the engine quits. Car is positive ground and positive lead on coil is going to CB at distributor. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks.
gwalker4
Pit Crew

Re: 1965 Sprite MK III

Postby rob66sprite » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:30 pm

Welcome! I don't have any engine advice for you but just wanted to say welcome to the Sprite Spot. I am sure someone here will be able to help.
Rob
66 Sprite (work in progress)
www.facebook.com/rob66sprite
rob66sprite
948cc

Postby Charlie Tolman » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:59 am

What is the color of the inside of the tail pipe?
What is the color of the spark plugs?
The problem might be related to an incorrect fuel/air mixture. ??

Charlie T.
Charlie Tolman
Judson Supercharged

Postby Charlie Tolman » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:03 am

I should have also asked how the car/engine ran before all of the changes listed in your post?

CT
Charlie Tolman
Judson Supercharged

Postby Alans 66 Sprite » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:58 pm

are you saying that at idle if you depress the clutch pedal the enging labors and stalls ? Opening the clutch has nothing to do with ignition or carbs. If thats is what happening there is something really wrong in the trans or clutch housing.
Alans 66 Sprite
Pit Crew

Postby hoggie » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:00 pm

Possible vaccuum leak. Be sure to check igntion before tweeting carb
hoggie
1098cc

Return to MK III Sprite (MK II Midget)