[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SpriteSpot.com • View topic - Fulcrum pin pin

Fulcrum pin pin

This forum is for topics and questions specifically related to the second generation cars.

Fulcrum pin pin

Postby richocki » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:00 am

No I do not repeat myself ;)
I am rebuilding the front suspension on my Mk II Sprite. I am ready to install the small pin into the swivel pin that keeps
the fulcrum pin from turning. It looks like it is going to be a tight fit. Is there a trick to driving the pin in? I am afraid
it won't go all the way and they what would I do? Has anyone installed on of these pins lately?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Rick
richocki
Pit Crew

Re: Fulcrum pin pin

Postby hoggie » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:28 am

I replaced my wishbones and the fulcrums a couple of summers ago. Had the same problem with the locking pin. One went in all the way and the other lacked an 1/8 in. I checked several times to make sure everything was lined up without any obstruction and all was OK. Seems like the new pins may need a some slight filing to fit completely.
hoggie
1098cc

Postby richocki » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:44 pm

Thank you hoggie for the reply...
I can not even start to get the pin in the hole. It seems that it should go in at least a 16th of an inch maybe even an
8th of an inch before you have to hammer it home. There isn't much taper to that pin. I'm afraid to start beating on it
because if it isn't straight them I'm in a world of dodo. I guess a little filing is in order but that is hard steel.
richocki
Pit Crew

Postby hoggie » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:38 pm

Is this the fulcrum pin your referring to? If so, how much of the thread comes through on the pin.

hoggie
1098cc

Return to MK II Sprite (MK I Midget)