[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SpriteSpot.com • View topic - What is the value of a very rough 1963 Sprite?

What is the value of a very rough 1963 Sprite?

This forum is for topics and questions specifically related to the second generation cars.

What is the value of a very rough 1963 Sprite?

Postby george3405 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:51 am

I live in NW Florida and there is a woman with a 1963 Sprite Hardtop (removable) in her garage. She bought it about 8 years ago at an estate sale. It had been sitting under trees outside for many years. The car is covered with stuff, as well as around it, in the garage. The hood is dented in, probably from too heavy stuff put on it. It has rusted floors, the right fender and jacking tube is rusted badly. Has a removable hardtop, seats and interior there with all gauges, key, etc. The engine and all is there, but she doesn't know if it's any good or not (oil is very black and very thick). The plastic slider window is broken on the right side (Can't get to left side yet; too much stuff up against the Sprite. She's wanting $1,200 and claims it's worth it, but I'm thinking a whole lot less. She says check Barrett Jackson, but I doubt this car could be gotten even close to that condition. Anyway, from what I've told you, what do you think is an approximate value for this car. It is probably beyond saving, but if I took my time I think that while it is a big challenge, it would be a lot of fun. Thanks, George3405
george3405
Pit Crew

Re: What is the value of a very rough 1963 Sprite?

Postby hoggie » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:20 am

I agree with you, the top is probably worth half the value as the car with the rust damage you describe.
I would think less than $500 with all the rust out .
hoggie
1098cc

Postby trevor » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:57 am

I'd guess $350 if she digs it out of the garage for you, maybe $200 if you have to dig it out of the garage.
trevor
1275cc

Postby scoutll » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:43 pm

Sounds like the car is way too far gone, and just valuable to someone with a MK1 Midget/MK2 Sprite as a parts car, 200-350 or so depending on if it is fairly complete mechanically. As previously mentioned, depending on condition, the hardtop is probably worth more than the car right now. Especially If it is a factory BMC top, an earlier Sprite factory top, or a period specialty top.
Bryan Durham
North Dakota, USA????
scoutll
Pit Crew

Return to MK II Sprite (MK I Midget)