[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SpriteSpot.com • View topic - Need Fenders and Hood for '63 Sprite

Need Fenders and Hood for '63 Sprite

This forum is for topics and questions specifically related to the second generation cars.

Need Fenders and Hood for '63 Sprite

Postby jereid719 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:14 am

Does anybody have a strait and rust free set of fenders and a hood for a '63 Sprite? My hood is not terrible but I need make repairs to the front edge and underside. My local body shop thinks it would be more cost effective to replace instead of repair. That said, if any one wants to outright sell me some better parts or trade mine plus some cash ( they might be good for a low budget race car build or something) please reply.

If you don't have anything but you know someone who might that would be helpful too.

Thanks!
jereid719
Pit Crew

Re: Need Fenders and Hood for '63 Sprite

Postby jereid719 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:26 pm

Moss Motor's website lists these part numbers but no longer sells them. Anybody know of another place that might have these pieces. They are the inner and outer components of the hood, probably about the front 6-10 inches?

455-200 N/A REPAIR PANEL, hood “skin”
452-240 N/A REPAIR PANEL, inner hood
jereid719
Pit Crew

Postby hoggie » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:50 pm

You might try this distributor. Not sure where they source their parts. If Moss, then possibly dead end.
hoggie
1098cc

Postby CTR » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:15 am

It would be helpful if you included a location in your profile or some place here. I'm also searching for parts to complete a 63 car. I'm having a little luck but I'm far from having everything I need. Shipping being what it is the closer the source the better the deal. Steve (CTR)
CTR
948cc

Postby spritenut » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:02 pm

Spridgetech.com has quality fiberglass replacement parts.
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ
The BETTER not BIGGER Healeys
spritenut
1275cc

Postby jereid719 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:17 pm

Thanks for the replies.

CTR- I'm in Apex, NC and I've updated my profile. I've found a few things locally here around Raleigh and Durham. Most of the porblem we are going to have is in paying shipping. There are a couple of fenders and hoods on eBay, but the shipping is more than the part.

I've got your number. Mine is 919-610-2289. I'll let you know if I come across anything that is closer to you than me.
jereid719
Pit Crew

Postby CTR » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:00 pm

Small world, I bought a 68 Sprite out of Smithfield or was it Garner back in the 70s. You are down there around Doug Lawson he's a mini and spit fire guy. I plan to get parts till I have what I need and then pass on the left overs to help others. My number contact info is 757 880 9283. JLGibbsrealtor@aol.com will get me also.

I have found some parts that are not helpful to my project but I promised to list them some place.

I. 948 sprite block with caps
1. big main 1100 complete with head needs rebuild condition unknown.
Both located in Richmond VA.
1. ST race crank shaft NOS 1100
Located Newport News, VA.
I'll add more as I find them (I'm not selling this stuff but I have contact info. for it.)

Steve (CTR)
CTR
948cc

Postby jereid719 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:40 pm

I have found a few people here in the area that are realy into these cars. I'll have to look up your guy in Garner.

I managed to get a whole front clip from a racer here named Carl Cason. He replaced his front end with fiber glass stuff. That said, the stuff I couldn't use (because I'm not a body man)might be helpful to someone else. I have the front valence assembly, hood, and 2 front fenders. One of the fenders is off of a later car with a lower front signal light and side indicator. All have been blasted and primed already. I'll start a fresh post so others can possibly use these parts. I know I am appreciative to Carl for cleaning out his garage for me!
jereid719
Pit Crew

Return to MK II Sprite (MK I Midget)