[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SpriteSpot.com • View topic - Log In Problems

Have a suggestion for the forums (or for SpriteSpot in general)? Please post them here!

Postby Sprimini » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:18 am

I have had issues trying to log-in to this site more often than not, and was wondering if someone could help.

One problem is that, even though I've checked the box to enable automatic log-in from my PC each time I visit, that function has never worked for me. Each time I visit, I am required to log-in manually.

The main ( and more annoying ) problem however is that I have now had to change my password three times since joining. There are times when I can visit everyday and get logged in without a hitch, but many times my password will not be accepted. This annoyance requires me to go through the drill of stating that I've forgot my password, wherein a new password gets assigned to me. This happens on more than one computer, which leads me to believe it's not a computer problem. Is anyone else experiencing this problem or is it just me?
Sprimini
948cc

Postby bugeye58 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:01 am

Howard, I had the automatic log in feature fail on me yesterday, for the first time. I haven't had any password problems.
Jeff
bugeye58
948cc

Postby admin » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:33 am

Hmmm...anyone else having similar issues? Normally that's a cookie issue.

One other thing--yesterday the board underwent an upgrade (and that likely changed some things). Periodically the software we use for the forums undergoes revisions, upgrades, patches, etc. (a good thing) and yesterday I got around to installing the latest updates.

Anyway--I'm curious as to whether this is a widespread problem--anyone else?

d
admin
Site Admin

Postby garyfrogeye » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:53 pm

Nope.
I just logged in OK. :)
Gary L
1958 Frogeye
London, England.
garyfrogeye
1098cc

Postby BWillis » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:24 pm

Im getting the same thing. I used to be ale to use my shortcut to the newposts and get right in but now I have to enter my password before the list is displayed.

Ben in SC
BWillis
948cc

Postby admin » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:04 pm

Hmmm...that sounds like it may be a security upgrade...I'll look at the change logs...
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:22 pm

Ok, after a bit of research, I made a change to the configuration of the board.

Now--users will need to do the following (one time):

Log out of SpriteSpot
clear cookies
clear cache/temp internet files
close browser
restart computer

The clearing of cookies can be accomplished by selecting "Tools" and then "Internet Options..." (from Microsoft Internet Explorer).

In the window that opens, click the "Delete Cookies..." button and teh "Delete Files..." and clear out everything from these items.

When you restart, please let me know if this has solved the issues (or if any other bugs show up) by posting in this thread.

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Postby SpridgetBoy » Fri May 05, 2006 5:28 pm

MkII Sprite since 1978
Bugeye since 1982
2 MkI Midgets (basket cases 4sale)
SpridgetBoy
1098cc

Return to Suggestions Forum