Snow Tires

Topics pertaining to anything else that uses internal combustion and liquid dinosaur (Jags, Fairthorpes, Mustangs, Ducatis, Barstools--the sky's the limit!)

Snow Tires

Postby admin » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:55 am

Thought I'd ask the group:

I need new snows for my Honda Civic this year. I've got Blizzaks on my wife's car, but I have a 40 mile commute (80 miles/day) and I'm worried that if I get Blizzaks for my car, they'll be worn out in no time.

Anyone have an opinion on a "high mileage" snow tire (if such a thing exists?) Michelin? Pirelli? Other?

I've had Hakkapelliittas in the past, but they're a bit tough to find...

d
admin
Site Admin

Postby SpridgetBoy » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:32 pm

Since you have a long commute, studs are probably out so Blizzaks are your best bet. I live in the mountains of Colorado where we don't see the ground from about mid-October to mid-April. If we don't get studs we get Blizzaks!! They are especially good when you need to drive on ice. If you get anything else without studs, have them siped. Discount Tire does this process. I say the heck with the wear on your commute, factor tires into your budget each fall and get Blizzaks. Just my humble opinion with no ties to any tire manufacturer. Be safe out there. Later, SpridgetBoy
MkII Sprite since 1978
Bugeye since 1982
2 MkI Midgets (basket cases 4sale)
SpridgetBoy
1098cc

Postby HAN5L778 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:28 am

I've had Hakkapelliittas in the past, but they're a bit tough to find...

Even tougher to pronounce. :lol:
'69 Sprite-project with lots of trick parts.
'63 MGB waiting for restoration
HAN5L778
1098cc

Return to Other Vehicles