Innocenti Spider: the italian Spridget!

Topics pertaining to other A-Series vehicles (Minis, Unipowers, etc.)

Innocenti Spider: the italian Spridget!

Postby Jack » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:51 am

Hi guys,

what about the tiny Innocenti Spider? It has italian bodywork designed by Ghia, but framework, engine and drivetrain are from Austin Sprite.
In my opinion it's a very interesting car and quite rare! I have many infos about this models, but I would like to analyze it in deep with you :wink:

Cheers,
Jack

Jack
948cc

Re: Innocenti Spider: the italian Spridget!

Postby Jack » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:16 pm

@Admin/Mod: could you please move my topic in "general spridget" thread? I posted in the wrong place :wink:

Thanks in advance,
Jack
Jack
948cc

Postby Bugeyeman » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:45 pm

Ciao Jack, Mi chiamo Steve Bell. Habito in Boston! Parlo Italiano un poco! It is great to see your Innocenti information!!!! I have two Innocenti "S" versions, both from 1963. I am doing a full restoration on one, using parts from the other! I have been sourcing parts from Italy for over five years. I have been to Italy twice during that time to go to Imola in September when the have the big flea market at the racetrack! I have found some great items there. Do you know Giorgio Ferrari who lives just outside Milano in the little town of Vimercate? Giorgio recently sold his Innocenti S but he is very talented and has been making lenses, gaskets and trunk handles for these cars. He is a good friend of mine and he has helped me quite a bit to find parts. I have a list of about twenty worldwide Innocenti owners. I see you have emailed Karl Kreiger from Louisiana. I have done some trading with him for parts that he will not need or his racing version. I would be very happy to start a good conversation with you about these wonderful cars. Your english seems quite good and that will make it a little easier. Because I am doing a "ground up" restoration, I have literally replaced the entire center section of the car as well as the complete trunk floor. The door sills are a real problem, but, I am making wooden forms so that metal can be hammered over them to create the correct shape. I have some great pictures you would like to see, I am sure. you can email me directly at scbell1@comcast.net I also have two 1960 Bugeye Sprites and I have been a member of our national club for over twenty years.
Mille ragazzi, Steve
Bugeyeman
Pit Crew

Postby Jack » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:23 am

Ciao Steve, I will mail you ASAP :wink:
Jack
948cc

Return to Other A-Series