Carpet on transmission tunnel for 69 A-H Sprite

Got parts to sell, buy or trade?

Carpet on transmission tunnel for 69 A-H Sprite

Postby papa » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:50 pm

Hello,

Did you save that piece of carpet when you replaced your carpet? I need two (2) of them. One for me and one for my buddy's 71 MG Midget. As long as they are in fairly good shape, I don't really worry about the color. Please send me a personal E-Mail. Thank you. God Bless.

Papa
Papa
papa
Pit Crew

Re: Carpet on transmission tunnel for 69 A-H Sprite

Postby Jim Gruber » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:35 pm

Papa,

I replaced carpet on the transmission tunnel on Bugsy, my '68 Sprite with a piece of carpet I got from PEP Boys. Something like $20 at the time for a piece of 4 x 6 auto carpet. It really was pretty simple to do the carpet on the transmission tunnel. The hard part is around the shifter and what to do with excess carpet as the tranny tunnel gets narrow at that point. Make a 45 degree cut, oh about 2 or 3 maybe 4" long coming off of both sides at the bottom of the shifter opening. You'll now be able to take the overlay the two sides/flaps where you made the cut and have excess carpet and tighten things up. Lay the two flaps over the top of one another and with a very sharp /new blade in your utility knife, use a straight edge to cut through both pieces of carpet. Add some 3M Adhesive, glue down, and fluff the carpet and seam will be invisible. Has worked just fine for me for the past 12 years. PM me if you need additional details.
Jim Gruber
Dayton, OH
Bugsy - 68 Sprite
Bugeye in Disguise
Jim Gruber
1098cc

Re: Carpet on transmission tunnel for 69 A-H Sprite

Postby papa » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:05 am

Thank you Jim. You are always so helpful. I will try it. God Bless.

Papa
Papa
papa
Pit Crew

Return to Sell & Swap