1972 MG Midget project car for sale

Got parts to sell, buy or trade?

1972 MG Midget project car for sale

Postby HAN5L778 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:56 pm

This 1972 MG Midget was used for autocrossing and gymkhanas. The body is in very good condition with a little rust in the rocker panels, but I haven't found any rust anywhere else. The paint needs to be polished or redone. There is an engine and transmiision that comes with it, but they are currently not installed in the car. The engine and trans are from a different Midget, but are correct for this body style. I do not know if the engine runs as it was pulled from a parts car many years ago and has been stored in my garage. At the very least both engine and trans should be inspected before installing in the car and I would highly recommend the engine be rebuilt since it hasn't been run in many years. It comes with 6" wide Chevy Vega wheels with wide tires, but can be supplied with a set of 6 stock Rostyle wheels without tires for an additional $60, or a set of cleaned and correctly painted Rostyle wheels for $150. The seats will need to be re-covered. The top is in fair condition. The interior is in average condition, but needs to be cleaned. The top dash cover is not cracked or broken, which is unusual for these cars. All in all this is a nice car and is a good candidate for restoration. If you are interested in using this car for autocrosses I will include a second set of wide tires similar to the ones that are currently on it. The car is in Ann Arbor, Michigan and will need to be trailered. Delivery MAY be available for an additional fee. I am asking $1,000 or best offer for the car. I also have many other parts that I can sell to the buyer of the car including new or very slightly used rear springs, polyurethane bushings(rear only), new blue soft top, new blue carpet and seat covers. I will not sell these seperately until the car sells and the new owner decides to not buy them.
Please email me directly at: HAN5L778@comcast.net for pictures. I have not posted any pictures of this car in SpriteSpot. If you PM me about this it may take several days for a response as I do not check here every day.
Richard Eisele
'69 Sprite-project with lots of trick parts.
'63 MGB waiting for restoration
HAN5L778
1098cc

Re: 1972 MG Midget project car for sale

Postby HAN5L778 » Sun May 27, 2012 1:05 pm

Sold.
'69 Sprite-project with lots of trick parts.
'63 MGB waiting for restoration
HAN5L778
1098cc

Return to Sell & Swap