Wanted: Sebring Sprite Replica Parts

Got parts to sell, buy or trade?

Re: Wanted: Sebring Sprite Replica Parts

Postby admin » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:39 pm

Going to have to contact them to see if we can use some of those photos on SpriteSpot...great site!
admin
Site Admin

Postby randyz » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:27 pm

Ray: Thanks for the clarification. I was familiar with this website but didn't think to check there. I searched elsewhere under 'kelsen' and found nothing. Thanks again!
randyz
Pit Crew

Postby HAN5L778 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:13 am

I would love to find a W&P Sebring GT Hardtop for my '69 Sprite project. However, I believe there were only about 14 of them made, and any original one would probably cost more than I have in the whole project. But I can dream, can't I?
Rick
'69 Sprite-project with lots of trick parts.
'63 MGB waiting for restoration
HAN5L778
1098cc

Postby admin » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:36 pm

You never know...seems that many times the hardtops get separated from the cars during/after sales. Sometimes they languish in garages until folks forget all about them, and no longer remember what car they belong to.

My hardtop was that kind of a situation--long removed from a car, it was sitting in a garage and the owner just wanted to get rid of it.
admin
Site Admin

Postby randyz » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:32 am

Well they're not Sebring hardtops, but I found old hardtops for a Bugeye and a side curtain square body last week. $400 for the pair, so I'm very happy. Also while searching for a Bugeye tub, I found a guy who has a barn full of Sprite and Midgets. He says he's got 25-27 cars including a pair of Morris Minors. He has (5) Bugeyes and only wants to keep the best one for himself. Woohoo! I'll be making a trip out to his farm later this week to check out what he's got.
randyz
Pit Crew

Postby mga1234 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:53 pm

thommythommy wrote:So... I have decided to take a trip to the UK next month, in part to inspect the Sebring Sprite conversion parts. I am still considering manufacturing derivatives of the parts after I purchase my own set.

More to come on this...

Hey thommythommy

I want to see how your trip to the UK went. I'm very curious to see if you have secure some SS parts.

Tony
mga1234
Pit Crew

Postby thommythommy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:05 pm

Well...sadly, my trip got pushed back a little. I was able to get my two bugeye bodies completely blasted and prepd for bodywork- but I also bought a Spitfire, a racing MGB engine, and started grad school. I still plan to make my way over the pond soon; I will definitely post updates and pics as soon as that happens.
thommythommy
Pit Crew

Postby mga1234 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:15 pm

thommythommy

It seems your topic has gotten lots of attention. Everyone is on pins and needles to know what will happen. I think all "True" Spridget enthusiast aspire to own a Sebring Sprite. It's the ultimate in the expression.

When you have some time, please post some photos of your project so we can experience part of the story.
mga1234
Pit Crew

Postby thommythommy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:44 pm

Oh, I definitely will. I have some hi-res images of the before/after of my two blasted bodies. I want to get some work done first and maybe some color before I post anything.

There is a small obstacle...what color?? If anyone has any suggestions let me know. Not BRG or old english. Something more interesting?

On a side note- I am putting my '58 bugeye in its first show ever this weekend, can't wait!
thommythommy
Pit Crew

Postby thommythommy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:58 am

In case anyone was interested...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Austin-H ... sQ5fTrucks

I want it. But, I can't afford it with grad school/other projects. Enjoy!
thommythommy
Pit Crew

Postby Ralph » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:45 am

Hello,

I am looking for the original type spring latch that holds the Sebring Sprite bonnet down to the sills.

Do you happen to know where I could obtain a set or who has a detailed photo that I could us as a pattern to make some?

Ralph
Ralph
Pit Crew

Postby thommythommy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:45 pm

This went up on ebay today- I prefer the Sebring bonnet to the Speedwell Monza bonnet, but I'm sure there is someone on here that may be interested in this.

Also...contact the seller. He has a bunch of other sprite racing parts for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Speedwel ... ccessories
thommythommy
Pit Crew

Postby mcdoc2000 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:10 pm

Hi, I just found this thread, any news on the Sebring sprite replica parts coming to America? I, like many others would be interested in building one.

matt
mcdoc2000
Pit Crew

Postby TFR1 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:13 pm

Matt,

Sebring Sprite parts are as close as Archers' Garage web site. Andrew can help, but it may take a while.
Best bet is to track down someone who bought, but never assembled their project.

I have checked on having molds made and producing parts in the states, but it would take about 10 orders for kits to justify making body molds. My casual research does not indicate enough serious interest to make the investment.

I applied for stimulus money grant, but probably should not have revealed that I belong to the Libertarian Party. Paper work is still sitting on some bureaucrats desk.

tfr1
TFR1
948cc

Postby mcdoc2000 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:36 am

Thanks for the info, I've checked out Archers garage website, great selection of products, I imagine shipping is somewhat prohibitive? anyone had body parts shipped across the pond from Archers Garage?

matt
mcdoc2000
Pit Crew

PreviousNext

Return to Sell & Swap