Wanted: Sebring Sprite Replica Parts

Got parts to sell, buy or trade?

Re: Wanted: Sebring Sprite Replica Parts

Postby thommythommy » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:22 am

Thanks for the info Randy. I will email you soon.

The bodywork of one of my 3 bugeye shells was completed earlier this month. The next project will be a Sebring coupe replica, or start working heavily on my '59 AH 3000 BN-7.

Thanks,
Tom
thommythommy
Pit Crew

Postby randyz » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:44 pm

I realize this website is as dead as can be (no one's fault really), but I like to finish what I start - no matter how long it takes. Anyhow, I finally received (2) fiberglass Sebring Sprite bonnets that I was looking for back in 2009. Hey, that's only nine freakin' years! Yes, some things are more difficult than they would seem. I got lucky and found another Spridget enthusiast who was preparing to have a shipping container sent from CCK Historics in the UK. He was kind enough to allow me to share the shipping costs and now they've finally arrived. I honestly never thought I'd live to see the day, but some things are worth waiting for. Now to get working on my two projects...
randyz
Pit Crew

Postby hoggie » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:37 pm

I check this site not and then. So not completely dead, just almost.
Also discovered the error on the main page where you can't access the photo section.
You have to use link http://www.spritespot.com/gallery/albums.php to access.
Good luck on your Sebring project. I've been restoring my Midget since 2006, so it can take a long time if you have other lives to live.
hoggie
1098cc

Postby randyz » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:04 am

I see that you're located in Oklahoma City. Oddly enough, that's where I had to go last weekend to pick up my Sebring Sprite bonnets. I rented a 5x8 enclosed U-Haul trailer in Dallas and went up there on Friday via I-35 to pick them up. They had traveled from the UK to NYC by ship. Then they were trucked to Boston and then on to Ames, Iowa. From there they went by trailer to OKC and a friend's storage building. My friend took me out to dinner at the Royal Bavaria on Friday night where I enjoyed a great jaegerschnitzel. Then we loaded my trailer on Saturday morning and I headed out I-40 to Shawnee and took 2-lane roads home from there. My friend is building a number of really nice Sprite race and rally car replicas. We shared a shipping container from the UK.
randyz
Pit Crew

Postby hoggie » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:51 pm

Royal Bavaria is about 2 miles from my acreage. That's a great place for steak also.

Good luck with your car. Too bad this forum is almost dried up. But I do check it from time to time. I usually spend my forum time now on MGExperience. Lot's of activity there.

Mike
hoggie
1098cc

Previous

Return to Sell & Swap