AHS&TC Healey Encounter 2012 - Somerset N.J.

Have an upcoming event you'd like to advertise?

AHS&TC Healey Encounter 2012 - Somerset N.J.

Postby Sprimini » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:22 pm

Anyone here plannning to attend the Healey Encounter this year in mid-August? I'm trying to decide between it and the Conclave in Louisville. Somerset NJ is about half the driving distance of Louisville from where I sit. Any pros or cons to report from past participants of either event?
Sprimini
948cc

Re: AHS&TC Healey Encounter 2012 - Somerset N.J.

Postby trevor » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:47 am

I must admit that Encounter does look very nice. Obviously, I'm biased towards the Louisville Conclave since I'm helping out the club that is hosting the event. Conclave will be a bit larger group and a longer event. I can't speak towards the Encounter, but Conclave will be well sponsored with great silent auction items and prizes. There are also plans in works to have special guests attend that are affiliated with Healey's history. Sorry, I can't be more specific yet. I promise that there will be no shortage of hospitality if you choose the Louisville event. In my mind Louisville is "where the South begins". Louisville is a big small town. This allows you to enjoy "city type" attractions (slugger museum, historical/arm museums, pottery shops, etc), and also do some touring for some country sight seeing - Nothing like winding down country roads between historic horse farms on your way to visit Bourbon distilleries rich with history. The popularity car show will be at a beautiful Riverfront park ... if you don't want to hang out with your car all afternoon you can just hop on the trolley to go eat, shop, or sight see. Or... if you are an active type person you can rent a bicycle at the park and go on a bike tour. We will also have a driving adventure northward to a large family farm and winery (Beautiful scenery along the way and good food in the "party barn").

The AHCA Conclave changes location each year. I'm not sure where it will be in the next few years, but it might not be this close again any time soon.

BTW, the Conclave does have it's tentative schedule up:
http://www.2012conclave.com/index.php/schedule
trevor
1275cc

Return to Events & Shows