HERITAGE UPOLSTERY

Need advice on installation, materials, originality? Check in here.

HERITAGE UPOLSTERY

Postby Jim Duffey » Tue May 25, 2010 5:07 pm

Can anyone tell me if they have used Heritage interiors? They are pricey but sound good. The blue Moss offers is not right for an original look. The Heritage samples are spot on. I've already installed their vinyl on my dash and it looks great. I am considering their leather upgrade for the seats rather than vinyl. Though not original, I am told a customer could special order it. It's not on my BMC build sheet so I suppose that's a concours no-no. Any and all responses appreciated.
Jim Duffey
948cc

Re: HERITAGE UPOLSTERY

Postby TFR1 » Tue May 25, 2010 11:06 pm

Jim,
Your concerns are the same as mine were. The complete Heritage interior with leather seats was more than $2000.
I paid $220 for my first Bugeye when I was 16, 40 years ago, and never imagined spending so much for an interior.
Their interior is perfect. After spending almost 400 hours getting paint and body just right, I am thankful I did not go 'cheap' with the interior. It makes the car.
We all have to make decision with an eye on the budget, many will not make the choices I have.
I have no regrets.
TFR1
948cc

Postby Jim Duffey » Fri May 28, 2010 8:34 am

Thank you TF. Now, if I could only get them to respond to repeated emails and phone calls so I can get the process rolling. Business must be good. Did you have them install the covers, or do it with a local trimmer? $600 and 8 hours of labor seems a lot to trim the seats, does it not?
Jim Duffey
948cc

Postby Jim Duffey » Sun May 30, 2010 2:48 pm

I decided to go with the Heritage vinyl seats as original. The leather top with vinyl sides and back would be too glaring contrast. Apart from the fact that originals were vinyl and budget is a concern, I made my choice. Did decidde to go with the Wilton carpets though as well as their panel kit.
Jim Duffey
948cc

Re: HERITAGE UPOLSTERY update

Postby Jim Duffey » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:16 am

I have finally received the final parcel from Heritage Upholstery. I can only say "WOW". The materials and fit is great. Now, have to get a trimmer who knows the work to install. A lot don't. Highly recommended company, but be prepared to wait. Your car will stand out though.
Jim Duffey
948cc

Postby whitephrog » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:56 pm

Jim

I've used Heritage and AH Spares and was very happy with each.
Ray Evans
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
AN5L 9382
whitephrog
1098cc

Postby Jim Duffey » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:23 am

Thanks Ray. I can't wait to get it all installed. We are slugging it together this week. Got a lot accomplished last week too. Finally got the bonnet on yesterday. After 25 years of abandonment "Ol' Blue" looks pretty good in his original Iris Blue color.
Jim Duffey
948cc

Return to Interior