[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SpriteSpot.com • View topic - Got a carpet set, looking for advice on putting it in

Got a carpet set, looking for advice on putting it in

Need advice on installation, materials, originality? Check in here.

Got a carpet set, looking for advice on putting it in

Postby Modelguy2 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:30 pm

Hi Guys,

Got a standard replacement set for my '79 from a fellow Spridget owner but it included no instructions. I've figured out what pieces goes where but was wondering about installation order, placement, adhesive what to do with the old carpet residue etc.....TIA...............Mike T
Modelguy2
Pit Crew

Postby jstorngmo » Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:29 pm

jstorngmo
Pit Crew

Postby dan » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:31 pm

I've had success with some of the 3M products for glue to tack things in place (if you prefer to go that route). Sorry--can't remember specific product names, but I'm sure a 3M rep (or NAPA) could point you in the right direction.

d
dan
Site Admin

Postby Bill Masquelier » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:33 pm

"Scotch 77" spray glue is about the best I have found. Holds pretty strong and is easy to apply.
Bill
69 Sprite MkIV
Bill Masquelier
1098cc

Postby Modelguy2 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:48 pm

Thanks for the input guys. I installed it in 2 days. When I got the car there was no carpet-just some rubber floormats and bare metal. After removing the seats I found some sanding was needed to remove some rust and paint scale. Then I applied some rust eater and sprayed a similar color green over it. Working from lowest layer up I positioned the pieces and determined if any trimming was needed and sprayed the glue on the carpet and panel and let it dry till tacky. I'm very satisfied with the results. Next I need to get a new comvertible top. Any recommendations?....Mike T
Modelguy2
Pit Crew

Return to Interior