[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SpriteSpot.com • View topic - Making my own interior. 76 Midget

Making my own interior. 76 Midget

Need advice on installation, materials, originality? Check in here.

Making my own interior. 76 Midget

Postby JeffsMidget » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:30 am

Today I got a heck of a deal on a surplus roll of dark grey automotive vinyl upholstery. I plan to make my own seat covers and int. panels. I'm going to use the old seat covers and panels for patterns. I want the seats to look more like the earlier ones with the pleats(?) and contrasting piping. Although I haven't told her yet, my mother will be doing most of the sewing :) . She has the heavy old black Singer machine that should work nicely. Has anyone else made their own interior. How did they turn out? Any tricks? Thanks
JeffsMidget
Pit Crew

Postby D.Valentino » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:20 am

Are you going to use any glue. You need upholstery glue, for the panels. I had Jon Cumpton do my interior. He glued a strip of leather over the hog rings on the seat back, so they would not tear up the seat bottom... Just my tip.
1955 BN2 Austin Healey 100M
1959 AN5 Austin Healey Sprite
The Original "Airport Racer"
1951 International Metro Step Van
http://www.1951snapon.blog.com/
D.Valentino
Judson Supercharged

Postby spritenut » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:26 am

I do all my interiors, some are two tone.
Carpet too.
3M #74 for the front of the panels and 1/16" foam but use the flamable type of formica glue (Weldwood) on the back of the hardboard and overfolds of the vinyl.
It holds up in the heat of summer. 2 coats on both surfaces.
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ
The BETTER not BIGGER Healeys
spritenut
1275cc

Postby JeffsMidget » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:15 am

Today I got heck of a deal on enough grey carpet to do the cockpit and trunk :D .
JeffsMidget
Pit Crew

Postby JeffsMidget » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:21 pm

JeffsMidget
Pit Crew

Postby spritenut » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:32 pm

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ
The BETTER not BIGGER Healeys
spritenut
1275cc

Postby middleagecrazy » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:03 pm