[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SpriteSpot.com • View topic - Has anyone heard from Dan

Has anyone heard from Dan

Have a good motoring story you'd like to share?

Has anyone heard from Dan

Postby D.Valentino » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:32 pm

Dan, you must be working really hard on something, Haven't seen you post anything in awhile, What's going on?
1955 BN2 Austin Healey 100M
1959 AN5 Austin Healey Sprite
The Original "Airport Racer"
1951 International Metro Step Van
http://www.1951snapon.blog.com/
D.Valentino
Judson Supercharged

Postby dan » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:09 pm

Work work work, and no play... :)

But you guys are holding up the board pretty well without me! Thanks! That's the real beauty of things like a forum--everyone contributes, and it's fun for everyone (and the webmaster doesn't have to work so hard!)

There are a few additions to the main site though...and I'm working on a few more.

:)

d
dan
Site Admin

Postby D.Valentino » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:01 pm

D.Valentino
Judson Supercharged

Postby dan » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:20 pm

It's actually a treat to be away from the board for a few days, and then come back and have a bunch of posts to read! Lots of fun, and great winter "therapy" when the car's stuck in the garage!

:)

d
dan
Site Admin

Postby Paul H » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:26 am

Welcome back Dan! :D
1961 Sprite Mk2 (948cc, HAN6)
Paul H
948cc

Postby dan » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:49 am

dan
Site Admin

Postby D.Valentino » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:07 pm

D.Valentino
Judson Supercharged

Postby garyfrogeye » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:24 pm

I'm in London (England) and I drive my frogeye all year round.
Gary L
1958 Frogeye
London, England.
garyfrogeye
1098cc

Postby SpridgetBoy » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:18 pm

When I first got my MkII rebuilt it was my daily driver in Colorado for ten or twelve years until a rod bearing went. The 948's are actually great snow cars because they don't really have enough power at this altitude to break the wheels lose even on ice!!??!! I even have a clamp-on, trunk mounted ski and ski pole rack. My brother and I were coming back from the Grand Canyon the middle of October one year and went over Wolf Creek Pass (10,850 feet elevation) pushing snow all the way; with just what were considered standard street tires (they had some tread but were not rated for mud and snow). I have talked in other posts about getting the side curtain doors open with the curtains frozen and the hardtop bolted down! I even drove to North Carolina and back at Christmas one year. Later, SpridgetBoy
MkII Sprite since 1978
Bugeye since 1982
2 MkI Midgets (basket cases 4sale)
SpridgetBoy
1098cc

Postby D.Valentino » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:35 pm

That's nuts, I took the car to Wyoming when we got it done, 6500 elevation, didn't want to start, had a hell of a time. Finally started drove around for a couple hundred miles and put it away, and never started again. Didn't want to do anything with the carb, runs fine at sea level. Took it on a freeway out here once, won't do that again, besides the fact that we all drive fast out here, and that would be an understatement, people were acting like morons around us. First they would fly up on us then jam the brakes on to get a look, while other cars were trying to get out of there way. So we got off the freeway, and took side streets to the car show. So for you to drive cross country, have at it, I drove cross country in my Camaro when I can out here, couldn't imagine doing that in my car.
D.Valentino
Judson Supercharged

Postby dan » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:34 am

Sorry, but IMHO the Sprite is not a good winter car...used to live in Buffalo, and to make a long story short, I got caught in a snowfall because I waited an hour for a car inspection.

Had to drive less than a mile home, and the rear end was all over the place...right rear tire would break loose with the slightest bit of pedal.

Don't get me wrong--it was fun, but certainly not something I'd like to do everyday.

As for freeways...well that's another story. When I got the car (in 1979) I bought it in California and drove it :!: back across the country (to Buffalo) in 3 1/2 days.

Not sure I'd like to do that again, but I was younger then :)

I also think drivers were better then...I've had my Sprite out on the highway a few times lately here in Michigan, and it's not been something that I'd consider "fun" (but it does get your heart rate going...)

d
dan
Site Admin

Postby MGDave » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:00 pm

Last Sunday at the Polish Auto Klub Auto Sprint in Lake Geneva, WI.
I managed to place in the exact middle of a 29-car field that included Subie STIs and an Evo as well as the obligatory Miatas. Phantom Grip seems to help...
MGDave
948cc

Postby D.Valentino » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:17 pm

What's that white stuff on the ground? Just kidding
Good job, dosen't look like you hit anyone, or anyone hit you. To race another day.
D.Valentino
Judson Supercharged

Postby dan » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:17 pm

dan
Site Admin

Return to Stories