Pranged it!

Have a good motoring story you'd like to share?

Postby mattvallins » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:44 pm

Yeah, I am ok. Its quite a shock though, as I think a structural failure may have caused the accident! The vehicle inspectorate wont take it on, and trading standards are not bothered either! Time to go round the blokes garage. Take the wreck back and ask for my money back. Else leave it on his garage forecourt :lol:
Nice advertising for him!
mattvallins
Pit Crew

Postby Matt » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:53 am

Hey Matt, I would stick with classic cars on a classic policy.

I looked at getting quotes for my spridgets when I was 18 (2 years ago)and it was £800. Then we got a minor and it was £400 to insure TPFT. I know someone who is selling a 1972 flame red RWA mk 3(?) midget in brighton for about £3K but I suppose thats out of your price range.

Get some insurance quotes for classics before going to a eurobox. (I bet the classics will be cheaper through a classic insurance broker!)
Matt
948cc

Postby mattvallins » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:46 am

I am looking at another classic.......
After being quoted over 1200quid for a Fiesta 1.1, I can get a car AND insure it for less than that if I am prepare to do some welding! At least if I work on it, I know how sound it is underneath. Cant afford a modern car anyway! Might try the Morris route, If I can find a car local....
mattvallins
Pit Crew

Postby Matt » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:13 am

well where are you?

you could as at http://www.morrisminoroc.co.uk/index.php (the morris minor owners club forum)
Matt
948cc

Postby mattvallins » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:52 pm

After over 6 weeks, I have managed to open the passenger door! The sill has sagged so I had to jack directly under the B post after beating the hell out of it with a hammer and chisel!The door is completely rotten though, so I may as well have beaten it straight with a hammer to get the screen out!
mattvallins
Pit Crew

Postby mattvallins » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:20 am

Well, took the bloke at the garage I bought it from to court and as he didnt acknowledge the courts he lost by default! I am due my money back, else the Bailiffs go in and take items to the value of his debt to me!
I know have a Mini which I have restored from a pile of rust, with a few little electrical issues left to fix.
I am on the lookout for a spridget shell local that needs a bit of work, as I have been given a 16valve 1.4 litre K series engine :lol: Need a donor Sierra for the 'box, then a fibreglass front and I shall have a 117bhp 600kg car!
mattvallins
Pit Crew

Re: Pranged it!

Postby Jim Gruber » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:17 pm

So Matt,

I was reading your post about your "pranged Midget." It's now 8 years later. Did you ever get a Spridget Sheel to put the K series Motor into. What's happened since? Curious minds want to know.
Jim Gruber
Dayton, OH
Bugsy - 68 Sprite
Bugeye in Disguise
Jim Gruber
1098cc

Previous

Return to Stories