[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SpriteSpot.com • View topic - Humor forum

Humor forum

Have a great Lucas joke? Post it here

Humor forum

Postby admin » Thu May 27, 2004 3:06 pm

Well, this is the place to post your Lucas jokes (Q: Why do the British drink warm beer? A: Lucas makes the refridgerators).

Yes, there are many (similarly) bad Lucas jokes out there! Please share them here (as well as any other humor you'd like).

Please be a bit cautious about "off-color" humor (after all, we are a family site! :) )
admin
Site Admin

Postby JP Furble » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:15 pm

This is not a joke, it is funny, but also sad at the same time. I owned an MGB (year-round daily driver in Montana believe it or not) at the time, and needed to tune it up. Went to a local parts house, walked up to the counter and was greeted by a man who had to be in his 30's, and had this conversation:

Parts guy, "Can I help you?"
Me, "I need plugs, condenser, and set of points for a '77 MGB."
Parts guy, "Hum...MGB. Who makes that?"
Me, "MG."
Parts guy, "Hum...how do you spell it?"
Me (after I got my chin off my chest), "M...G"
Parts guy, "Oh, just like it sounds."

JP Furble
JP Furble
948cc

Postby dan » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:28 am

Hope you double-checked the parts he gave you that day... :lol:
dan
Site Admin

Postby JP Furble » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:46 am

Actually, Dan, at that point I went around the counter and looked the part numbers up myself in his catalog. Yes they were available in stock, and yes they were the correct parts.

JPF
JP Furble
948cc

Postby SpridgetBoy » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:13 pm

How about the bumper stickers for British cars that say:

Any Parts Seen Falling From This Car
Are Of The Finest British Workmanship.

Or something like that.

Later, SpridgetBoy
MkII Sprite since 1978
Bugeye since 1982
2 MkI Midgets (basket cases 4sale)
SpridgetBoy
1098cc

Tell me how to...........

Postby JB » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:38 am

A few weeks ago a friend e-mailed me some valuable Lucas information....I have the e-mail on my "inbound" mail folder and would like to share it with you all as it is very Lucas.

Question is....EXACTLY step by step how do I transfer it from my in-box to this board?....or maybe I can forward the e-mail to one of you who is computer conversant??
JB
948cc

Postby dan » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:47 pm

dan
Site Admin

e-mailing to Dan

Postby JB » Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:50 pm

Dan......

Thanks....it's on its way.

JB
JB
948cc