Superchargers

Judsons and others

Superchargers

Postby admin » Thu May 27, 2004 3:03 pm

This forum is for forced induction questions of any kind.

As many know, early Sprite owners could purchase an aftermarket supercharger made by Judson.

This forum is the place to ask questions of fellow Judson owners, or to help troubleshoot you installation.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Superchargers

Postby Nick » Fri May 02, 2014 12:24 am

Early Sprite owners could also purchase the Shorrock C75B. This was vane type oil fed unit that was direct bolt on. I run mine on my Sebring Sprite and get great results, not much increase in noise from the bonnet and aside from the occasional icing on the intake pipe have had 0 issues. There is a noticeable increase in smoke at startup because of the oil in the supercharger loading up a bit at stops, but it clears quickly. I have run up to 110 octane racing fuel but find that it runs just fine at about 102 ....I mix the 110 with high test at the pumps 1/2 and 1/2 and great results.I have also had good luck with octane boosters added to premium when racing fuel wasnt available. I change my oil frequently and must admit that the front felt seal and the lack of a real seal in the rear main of the 948 cause the car to mark its spot a bit more than the norm, but deal with it because the performance outweighs the inconvenience. My car also runs the prototype Healey dual exhaust and pipes with very little restriction. I run a Lucas Sport coil, Solid Core Bumblebee wires and N3 plugs to avoid burning up the N5's. My engine was built to the stage 3+ performance specs at Warwick.
Nick
Pit Crew

Postby admin » Tue May 20, 2014 1:55 pm

Nice setup Nick--any chance you could post some photos?
admin
Site Admin

Postby AN5L » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:07 am

Nick,

I'm just building up a Supercharged Sebring Sprite to FIA recognition 87 now. Shorrock C75B is at the shop. Planning on going with 998 flatop pistons and approx 8.3:1 compression. FIA isted option is 997 Cooper 2A948 cam.

You've mentioned Stage 3+ Warwick spec for your Sebring. Do happen to know which cam, valves, rocker arms, head casting, pistons etc were used in the build?

Also - are you running the smoothcase gearbox? I'dd be interested to know which clutch you might be using with the Supercharged/Smoothcase combination.

Best Regards,

Ken Grasing
AN5L
Pit Crew

Postby Nick » Mon May 18, 2015 10:58 am

Ken,
I believe the casting number on the head I am using now is a 12A185 - larger valves..the original head is a massaged 12A629 head....the clutch is the 9 spring comp verion...flat top pistons.....pressed steel not cast rockers....and dual valve springs...didnt know I had a post on this topic or I would have replied long ago, my apologies...I have all of the original BMC special tuning part #'s if you would like them..send me a PM and I'll dig all of that stuff up if you still need them..Nick
Nick
Pit Crew

Return to Superchargers