[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SpriteSpot.com • View topic - New Wiring Harness...Where To Begin

New Wiring Harness...Where To Begin

Have a Lucas question?

New Wiring Harness...Where To Begin

Postby Lubbock_BugEye » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:20 am

I have a new wiring harness for my 1960 Bugeye. The car currently has no wiring, other than an ignition loop so I can fire up the engine. I am looking for advice on how to proceed with installing the new harness. Do I start in the engine compartment and work backwards to the dash? Or start at the dash and work out? Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.
1960 Mk. I Bug Eye Sprite AN5L24215
Lubbock_BugEye
Pit Crew

Postby liamof » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:38 am

I just finished installing a new wiring harness in my bugeye and there is definitly an easy way to do it.
1) Get a wiring diagram from your workshop manual or the colored one from Propero's garage (see links section)
2) Remove the dash and wire it the easy way sitting at a large table where you can see everything. Then just reinstall the dashboard.
3) Next I wired the rear since it was easy.String the harness along the right side of the car through the inside of the body.
4) Tackle the front. Start with the headlights. Get a dimmer harness if you don't have it along with the headlight pigtails if your harness didn't come with them. The dimmer harness is installed along the firewall below the heater and above the transmission.
5) The end of the dash harness comes with a big rubber gromment for the right hand side of the firewall. It pokes through the firewall and connects the fuse box, generator, coil and lucas control box. The front lighting harness snakes through a gromet in the firewall and connects to the dash harness and the rear harness behind the right side of the dash board. Mount the flasher to the firewall and connect all the wires together.
It took me about three weeks untill I got it all done. I did have do get all those hard to find connectors from Victoria British which really helped. 8)
Liam
1960 bugeye project
1957 MGA daily driver
liamof
948cc

Postby BWillis » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:26 pm

What did the new wiring harness cost and where did you get it?

Thanks,

Ben in SC
BWillis
948cc

Postby liamof » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:51 pm

Liam
1960 bugeye project
1957 MGA daily driver
liamof
948cc

Postby spanky » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:23 pm

spanky