directionals

Have a Lucas question?

directionals

Postby badandy61 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:34 am

I'm starting to reassemble my 66 sprite. I hooked up the rear directional and when I turn on the left side everything works fine, but when I turn on the right side the left rear flashes also. Did I hook something up wrong? Any ideas? Thanks Andy
badandy61
Pit Crew

Re: directionals

Postby hoggie » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:00 am

The left front and rear blinker circuit uses the GR (Green Red) wiring. The right front and rear blinker circuit use the GW (Green White) wiring. I would think that any cross between the left and right circuits would cause all turn lamps to blink. Do all the right lamps blink normally ?
hoggie
1098cc

Postby Charlie Tolman » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:33 am

Turn lights will sometimes behave strangely if there is a marginal or bad ground connection.
Be sure that there is a good ground connection for each turn light housing and bulb.

Charlie T.
Charlie Tolman
Judson Supercharged

Postby badandy61 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:13 am

Thanks for the reply everyone. I had to pull the wiring harness apart. In the area where the harness passes between the quarter panel and the inner structure of the car, it had been damaged at some point. The repair was done badly, And the two wires for the right and left side directional were actually bare, and touching. What a pain. Thanks again Andy
badandy61
Pit Crew

Return to Electrical