[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SpriteSpot.com • View topic - Trying to sort through a lack of turn-signals

Trying to sort through a lack of turn-signals

Have a Lucas question?

Trying to sort through a lack of turn-signals

Postby Meep » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:51 pm

Hello All,

So one of things I'm struggling with the most in our "new" 69 sprite is the wiring rats-nest that the previous owner bestowed upon us. Also, I'm still learning about all things electrical, so that is a fun combination.

I have no reverse lights (need the switch that screws into the transmission), no brake lights (didn't even start to look into this one yet), and no turn signals at all.

The turn-signal lights light up when I have the lights on (running lights or with headlights), but they never blink. I've worked my way back to the actual switch, and when I use my tester light on the turn-signals (I have the car running so I know there is power), my tester light does not blink, light up, or in any other way inform me that there may be a connection in that switch. I've been testing the Green w/ red stripe and green w/ white stripe wires. I've not tracked all of the wires from the back of the car yet, but they were unplugged for a while, they looked kinda cruddy, the connectors. (Still, the taillights themselves come on when I have running lights and headlights on).

I've also checked the 4 fuses that I've found - 2 under the dash on the passenger side, and then the two in the engine bay by the voltage regulator. All of them are fine.

Am I going about this the wrong way? Is my switch just dead (and do I need to (partially) pull the steering wheel to swap out that switch? It seems like it...)

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Damion
Meep
Pit Crew

Re: Trying to sort through a lack of turn-signals

Postby Charlie Tolman » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:50 am

The green-white and green-red wires at the headlight switch are the correct ones for the turn lights, right and left sides, respectively.
If the correct turn bulbs light-up (steady) when the turn-switch is moved, then the flasher might be closed and not working.
If the turn bulbs light-up only when the headlight switch or parking light switch is on, then there might be a problem with this switch.

Charlie T.
Charlie Tolman
Judson Supercharged

Re: Trying to sort through a lack of turn-signals

Postby Meep » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:44 am

Meep
Pit Crew

Return to Electrical