[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SpriteSpot.com • View topic - Dashboard

Dashboard

Have a Lucas question?

Dashboard

Postby Dutch Sprite » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:36 am

I'm working on the dashboard of my sprite MK4 at the moment. I'm wondering what all the switches and lights are for, because the dashboard is completely dismanteled. Now, I took a picture of a dashboard from the internet which looks similar to mine. I created a few numbers (1 to 8) in it. See this picture:

Could anyone help me to figure out what each of the numbered components is and does?

I hope someone can help me.
Thanks in advance!
Dutch Sprite
Pit Crew

Re: Dashboard

Postby Frogarri » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:25 pm

1. Ignition warning light
2. High beam warning light
3. Lighting switch
4. Choke knob
5. ??? not factory installed
6. Brake (failure) warning light
7. Heator/ventilation switch
8. Heater/ventilation fan switch
Frogarri
'59 Bugeye 'Kermit'
'61 AH Sprite 'Ole Gray' in "The Healey Book"
http://sprites2.homestead.com/
Frogarri
1098cc

Postby Dutch Sprite » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:11 am

Thanks a lot!

About the light switch... Is this a switch with only two settings, like off or on?
Because I found out that the car also has parking lights and they have to be switched on with
the light switch too. So I'd assume that the light switch has three settings:

Switch Up: Both off
Switch Middle: Parking lights On
Switch Down: Head lights On

Is this correct?
Dutch Sprite
Pit Crew

Postby Frogarri » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:12 pm

Yes it is a three way switch. The lighting switch looks just like the hazard and optional accessory switches (on/off switches)that go in the center counsel, EXCEPT the lighting switch has a headlight symbol in the center. Pushed in at the top ='s off, centered, i.e., the top and bottom portions of the switch are equal ='s parking/running lights only. and pushed in at the bottom ='s headlights plus running lights.
Frogarri
'59 Bugeye 'Kermit'
'61 AH Sprite 'Ole Gray' in "The Healey Book"
http://sprites2.homestead.com/
Frogarri
1098cc

Return to Electrical