Bugeye wiring

Have a Lucas question?

Bugeye wiring

Postby Bugzy59 » Tue May 08, 2007 10:25 pm

I have a new harness from AH Spares. I followed the wiring diagram(s) but have a few loose wires:
Dash: There are two solid black wires center harness - no connector. Should I just ground them?
Two red whites run into a double connector. Anything else?
Voltage regulator: two yellows go to D. Does the Green also go to D.
Wiper motor: Not working. I am getting power to 1, 2, 3 and across the dome wire. Is there a short? It was working with a jumper.
Good news- horn works!
Thanks Folks
Bugzy59
1275cc

Postby George Heesen » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:46 pm

I am currently wiring my Bugeye. On my harness there the black wiring at the dash has both ringed and bullet connectors. The ring connectors were used to ground the gauges via the lug screw that hold the gauge into the dash. This is how my car was previously wired. There were not enough rings to ground all the gauges in my dash so I added some. IF you look at the horn circuit the switch actually provides aground to the horn so your horn control switch will need a ground wire. The wiper motor has an isolated mountso there is a black ground wire on the harness from the motor. You might test continuity from the motor to your unnamed wires to see if this is the motor ground.
George Heesen
Pit Crew

Return to Electrical