[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SpriteSpot.com • View topic - Positive ground wiring

Positive ground wiring

Have a Lucas question?

Positive ground wiring

Postby Bugzy59 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:37 pm

I have a new harness for my bugeye which is positive ground. As I am wiring the light bulbs, etc, I am using the red wire as the ground connection ie: the screw connection rather than the center contact on the bulb. Is that correct?
Thanks for the help.
Erik
Bugzy59
1275cc

Postby Frogarri » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:08 am

The wiring is the same for a positive ground car as it is for a negative ground car EXCEPT for the coil and battery. The red wire goes to the lights and the black wire eventually gets hooked to the body. Follow the wiring diagram and do not mix/switch wires and/or connections.
Frogarri
'59 Bugeye 'Kermit'
'61 AH Sprite 'Ole Gray' in "The Healey Book"
http://sprites2.homestead.com/
Frogarri
1098cc

Postby admin » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:42 pm

Fuel pump as well (if you or someone else has installed an electrical fuel pump)

d
admin
Site Admin

Postby Bugzy59 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:17 am

The meltdown.
When I was wiring the Bonnet I miswired the ground on the right turnsignal. Telltale smoke wafting up from the dash. Little electrical tape and the wire was fixed. I think I fried the flasher since it does not blink. Then checking the left turnsignal wiring I dropped the clear lucas lens so now I have a plastic orange lens.
Bugzy59
1275cc

Return to Electrical