[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SpriteSpot.com • View topic - Tachometer

Tachometer

Have a Lucas question?

Tachometer

Postby Anonymous » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:47 pm

Hi :)

I'm following this forum for a while allready, but now I need some advice myself so therfore his posting. I've seen several topics here with quite the same question as I have but I still don't really understand so that's why I made up this specific post.

Ok, I have this tacho and I want to fit it into my MkIV sprite 69'.
It came with the car when I bought it but it wasn't in the dashboard.
Now the problem is that I can't figure out how I to wire it.

It seems that I need to use a loop from the ignitionswitch to the coil on the tacho. But the wiring from the car doesn't fit.

I have a white wire coming from the ignitionswitch which is going to the coil. At a certain point behind the dash, near the steeringwheel, I can disconnect the white wire so that it is interrupted. I think the tacho needs to be placed there. So then the white wire continues through the tacho to the coil. There is also a green wire and a black one.

Now I don't know how to put these wires on the tacho. I made a photo of it to show which one I have:

The type is: RVC 1414/OOF

Maybe the tacho is not right for my car?
Any other ideas how to make this work?

Thanks a lot!
Anonymous

Postby spritenut » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:43 pm

You have a tach from a 74 Midget. You can use it but it gets wired to the NEGATIVE side of the coil.
The original 69 tach had 2 plugs for the white wire where your tach only has 1.
If thoe white wires near your steering wheel have a male and female bullet plug, that's what used to go to the male/female bullets on the 69 tach.
Since the 74 only has the 1 bullet connector on the tach, run a seperate wire from that bullet TO the NEGATIVE side of the coil.
Now the green wire plugs onto the spade next to the bullet and the black is a ground that was attached to the thumb nut that holds the tach in.
It is a good idea to run a new seperate ground from the tach can to a srew somewhere under the dash. The ground is weak at best via the thumb screw and mounting peg on the back of a painted padded dashboard.
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ
The BETTER not BIGGER Healeys
spritenut
1275cc

Postby Anonymous » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:43 am

Thank you! :D

I'll try it saturday. Thanks for the quick advice!
I shall post here once I got the tacho working.

I'll probably stick around this place anyway since I know I'll come to more problems during the restorations of my sprite. Great forum!
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:46 am

Anonymous

Return to Electrical