[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SpriteSpot.com • View topic - Bugeye High Beam and Ignition Light location differences

Bugeye High Beam and Ignition Light location differences

Have a Lucas question?

Bugeye High Beam and Ignition Light location differences

Postby liamof » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:26 pm

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has seen this interesting issue. I have two Bugeye tachs. One has the ignition indicator light and one has the high beam indicator light. When I rewired my Bugeye the new wiring harness had the tach wired for the high beam indicator light. Since I have only one Bugeye Speedo and it has the high beam indicator light I went with the tach with the ignition indicator light and adjusted the wiring harness respectively.
I figured maybe the conversion happened between left and right hand drive cars or maybe the indicator lights were switched from early to later cars. Or maybe the difference is from sprite's mark 1 and 2.
Maybe some one could shed some light ( indicator or otherwise) on this subject.
8)
Liam
1960 bugeye project
1957 MGA daily driver
liamof
948cc

Postby D.Valentino » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:58 pm

I believe the difference is in the MKI and MKII not the right and left hand drive.
1955 BN2 Austin Healey 100M
1959 AN5 Austin Healey Sprite
The Original "Airport Racer"
1951 International Metro Step Van
http://www.1951snapon.blog.com/
D.Valentino
Judson Supercharged

Postby liamof » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:40 am

Your correct Dom.
Terry Horler's book page 57 talks about swapping the indicator lights. Well I guess I will keep the sprite mk11 guages in my mk1 bugeye since I have had them both rebuilt. 8)
Liam
1960 bugeye project
1957 MGA daily driver
liamof
948cc

Return to Electrical