[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SpriteSpot.com • View topic - Apparently no charge

Apparently no charge

Have a Lucas question?

Apparently no charge

Postby JP Furble » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:48 pm

OK folks, I need some advice. I converted my Bugeye to an alternator and negative ground a couple of years ago. The car has been driven regularly (during summer months) over that time period without any problems with the battery running down. Then week before last I took it on a 100+ mile drive on a very hot day (mid-90's) and had the lights on to make sure I was seen by oncoming traffic. When I got home the car would hardly restart, the battery appeared to be low.

Realizing that the battery was 4-5 years old, I figured its age had to be the problem. I replaced the battery with a new one. Yesterday I took another 50+ mile drive with the same results, battery would hardly turn the engine over when I got home (did not have the lights on this time however).

My next suspect, the alternator. I removed it and took it to a local auto parts store who put it on their dynamic test machine and it passed with flying colors.

Anybody experienced anything similar? Do you have any suggestions?

JPF
JP Furble
948cc

Postby drooartz » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:39 pm

Andrew Frink
1960 Austin Healey Sprite -- the Tunebug
http://www.drooartz.com
drooartz
948cc

Postby JP Furble » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:45 pm

JP Furble
948cc

Postby Bill Masquelier » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:57 pm

You may also put in another battery to check if that is bad, I just had one fail completely (in my wife's Buick) with ZERO warning- it just went DEAD.
Bill
69 Sprite MkIV
Bill Masquelier
1098cc

Return to Electrical