Ist gear plunger

Need help with your tranny? Check this forum for advice.

Ist gear plunger

Postby 69Midge » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:55 am

I've been rebuilding my ribcase out of a 69 Midget and I think I have a problem and was after some advice.

It's a complete rebuild with a lot of new parts. When I was putting 1st gear together I noticed that the 1st gear plunger (small metal pin) that goes in the centre hub was worn on the ends. I didn't think much of it but when I put the gear on the hub I noticed that the plunger does absoutely nothing and I thought it was meant to stop over selectiuon of 1st gear. I decided to buy a new one but nobody sells them. It's part number 30 in the gearbox exploded view and just called 'Plunger'

Is this a common problem? Where can I get a replacement from? Is the same part in another type of Morris gearbox?

Thanks

Greg
Greg
Tasmania,Aus
'69 MKIII Midget
69Midge
Pit Crew

Re: Ist gear plunger

Postby Charlie Tolman » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:30 am

In an old Victoria British catalog, 2002, the plunger is listed for the first gear and second speed synchro hub. I do not know if it is still available.

Charlie T.
Charlie Tolman
Judson Supercharged

Re: 1st gear plunger

Postby 69Midge » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:24 am

I checked the current British catalog and it's not listed. In their catalog it's the small pin floating above the gear with no number assigned to it. It's listed in the Moss catalogue on page 40. Part no. 22G89. So I have the part no. I just need to find someone that sells it. Perhaps a bit more Googling required.
Greg
Tasmania,Aus
'69 MKIII Midget
69Midge
Pit Crew

Re: Ist gear plunger

Postby 69Midge » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:34 am

Found a place that still sells them. The internet makes it so much easier for us to find and buy parts. Looks like it's the same part in other Morris gearboxes. Only 18 pence!!
Greg
Tasmania,Aus
'69 MKIII Midget
69Midge
Pit Crew

belstaff clothing

Postby aiai » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:14 am

wholesale air max 2012wholesale air max 2012canada goose outerwearcanada goose outerwearbelstaff clothingbelstaff clothing
aiai
Pit Crew

Return to Transmission (Gearbox)