About these 5 speed swap outs

Need help with your tranny? Check this forum for advice.

About these 5 speed swap outs

Postby bfleissner » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:44 pm

I read alot about swapping out the sprite's 4sp with (mostly) a datsun 5sp. Is it a straight bolt-in swap? What year range of b210's work? Is there a tranny model # ? I'm sure datsun used the same trans on more than 1 model.

thanks..
Brett -
1967 Sprite Hybrid
bfleissner
Pit Crew

Re: About these 5 speed swap outs

Postby Rot » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:42 pm

You need to buy (or make if you have a machine shop available) an adapter kit to bolt up the Datsun transmission to the Sprite engine. Here's a link to Rivergate in TN that tells you the type of Datsun transmission to get, the cost of their kit and general information on installation.
Morrisservice in Oregon offers a conversion kit but they don't have a website and unfortunately I don't have their phone number. It's getting to be a challenge to find the Datsun gear box because of the popularity of the conversion these days but what a difference it makes!
Roy

http://www.rivergate5speed.com/rivergate.html
Rot
948cc

Postby bfleissner » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:57 pm

thanks Ron
Brett -
1967 Sprite Hybrid
bfleissner
Pit Crew

Postby --colin-- » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:51 am

Paul Asgeirsson of Morriservice can be reached at PAsgeirsson@att.net. His phone number is 503-978-3998. Both Morriservice and Rivergate conversions use the Datsun gearbox. The main differences are the type of clutch and clutch slave cylinder used. They are both very friendly and helpful to deal with.

--Colin--
--colin--
Pit Crew

Return to Transmission (Gearbox)