gearbox detail pics

Need help with your tranny? Check this forum for advice.

gearbox detail pics

Postby David Reed » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:51 am

Hey,
I was wondering if anybody could post the pictures that are in the 1958-69 autobook by autopress ltd so that i could get them because so far i have been unsuccessful in locating the book
David Reed
Pit Crew

trans pictorials

Postby JB » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:15 pm

David;

Your right in searching Autopress or BENTLEY manuals as they are the only ones that I have ever found with decent exploded viewsof the ribcase trans.

The ones I have came from England a few years ago via e-mail and were in many sheets of paper for one page and was a real cut/past/glue deal so as to get a full sheet.

I still have these and refer to them each trans apart as they show the balls, pegs and springs correctly and not just fly droppings on the paper.

IF you cant find the manuals or get someone to copy them let me know and I will see if I can photocopy and mail to you but it's a chore to unfold each page and copy parts of it.

JB
948cc

Postby HP Spridget #53 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:31 pm

David,

Just came across the book you may be looking for on eBay. The URL to the auction is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Autobooks-Austin-Healey-MG-Sprite-midget-1958-73_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6762QQihZ002QQitemZ120036254558QQrdZ1

If for some reason the link above doesn't work, go to eBay Motors and search for item number 120036254558.

Starting bid is only $1.00.

Hope this helps!

Tim
Tim Hollister
HolliTech Team Racing
Waterford, MI
HP Spridget #53
948cc

Postby admin » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:42 am

The best book I have is one that came with my car (so many years ago). It's a small green paperback "Clymer" manual...very good--kind of a "blend" between a Bently manual and a Haynes manual. It even has a section on how to install a Judson in it.

My is VERY shopworn, with the pages coming out. I've looked for a replacement, but have NEVER seen another copy...

Need to check eBay at some point...
admin
Site Admin

Postby drooartz » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:12 am

I picked up one of those Clymer manuals last year, after I found one for my old TR4. I just did a search for it on Google, and a used book seller had one in stock. It was in pretty good condition. Seems to lift quite a bit directly from the factory manual. It lives in my car as my road manual.
Andrew Frink
1960 Austin Healey Sprite -- the Tunebug
http://www.drooartz.com
drooartz
948cc

Postby JP Furble » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:29 pm

Believe it or not, I bought one of the Clymer manuals new back in the late 1960's (showing my age a little here) and it is a great book. It is largely a reprint of the original BMC Workshop Manual, which I am fortunate to also have a copy of.

JPF[/b][/i]
JP Furble
948cc

Postby Bill Masquelier » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:24 pm

I also have a copy of it and ended-up copying it onto the computer. I have CD copies of it if anyone wants one (they are hard to get so I thought that this would be good). I will give them away to anyone who wants one, this eliminates the problem of copyright (no money).
If you want one give me (PM is best) your address and I'll send one.
Bill
69 Sprite MkIV
Bill Masquelier
1098cc

Return to Transmission (Gearbox)