Trouble With Front Motor Mounts

Any topics pertaining to the BMC A-Series engine.

Trouble With Front Motor Mounts

Postby papa » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:45 am

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to re-install my 1098cc. I have read the manual, but I am confused. Please tell me how to deal with the front motor mounts. I have tried a number of things, but no luck. Thank you and God Bless.

Papa
Papa
papa
Pit Crew

Re: Trouble With Front Motor Mounts

Postby jjkuzman » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:57 pm

Papa -

Assuming that I understand your question correctly, here is how I do it: Install the motor mount AND mount bracket (the piece with three bolts) to the engine as an assembly on the side without the steering shaft. Install the motor mount AND mount bracket to the engine rails on the opposite side. Lower the engine into position and guide the motor front mounting plate onto the side where the mount and bracket are already mounted. Put the lockwasher and nut loosely on that side, then wiggle the other side until you can start the three bolts into the engine rail.
John Kuzman
West Chester, Ohio

1959 Bugeye
1960 Bugeye (project)
1963 BJ7
1969 Corvette
1980 El Camino
jjkuzman
948cc

Postby papa » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:07 am

Thank you John. Sounds like that's the ticket. I will try it out today. God Bless.

Papa
Papa
papa
Pit Crew

Postby papa » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:44 pm

Hello John,

The little motor is now in my LBC... I will come clean and fess-up. I had the motor supports unside down! I had a buddy working with me and he finally figured it out. All is well in S. Florida now. God Bless.

Papa
Papa
papa
Pit Crew

Return to A-Series (948cc, 1098cc, 1275cc)