New Member - Katie White

This forum has general announcements for users of SpriteSpot.com and its forums (includes quick instructions and a walk-through for new user registration).

New Member - Katie White

Postby KatieWhite » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:12 pm

Hi, I'm Katie White and I'm a trilled new owner of a 1960 Sprite Mk 1!!!! :D I know the car has been modified in the past and has spent the last 15 years in my dad's barn, after he got it from someone who had it in their barn for 15 years. It was running when dad put it away... :wink: I'm trying to track down information on the engine. It is an Austin engine (it has a pretty nameplate on the top that says so) and has a metal tag on the block which says something like IOME-U-H 1250 or 10ME-U-H-1250 (it is hard to tell the 1 from an i and an 0 from an o). Any suggestions on where to go to find out what kind of engine it is? Many thanks. :)
KatieWhite
Pit Crew

Re: New Member - Katie White

Postby rosslin racing » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:04 am

Hi Katie, sounds like you have an 1098cc engine fitted.
10 being 1098. 9 would be 950cc and 12 1275cc google the number it may bring you some intresting links.
rosslin racing
Pit Crew

Re: New Member - Katie White

Postby vagt6 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:08 pm

Hello, Katie and welcome to the fray. You're going to love restoring that car, and since it was your Dad's it will be even more fun.

Here's a good resource for info on your car. Look over the "Tech" section, there's a part with BMC engine codes that may be helpful in determining which engine your's has.

http://www.gerardsgarage.com/Garage/tech.htm

Good luck, let us know how your project goes.

Cheers,

Mark in C'ville
vagt6
948cc

Return to SpriteSpot.com Announcements