[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SpriteSpot.com • View topic - Frank Clarici Memorial Fund: SpriteSpot Contribution

Frank Clarici Memorial Fund: SpriteSpot Contribution

This forum has general announcements for users of SpriteSpot.com and its forums (includes quick instructions and a walk-through for new user registration).

Frank Clarici Memorial Fund: SpriteSpot Contribution

Postby dan » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi all--

Just learned of the news today from some of SpriteSpot's members and Frank's friends via email. For those of you who don't know, Frank passed away quite suddenly this past week, and yes we are going to have something available for SpriteSpot members to contribute. (More discussion in ).

I think that pretty much everyone here has received some kind of Sprite advice from Frank--even if it was simply some kind words of encouragement at a tricky part in your project. His knowledge was invaluable, and frankly I owe him a debt of gratitude--it's folks like Frank that help to make SpriteSpot useful for everyone.

I've contacted the family, and have received permission to post about our plans (but I also want to maintain some level of privacy for them) so I won't be posting their mailing address online.

There is a fund being established for Frank's Grandson ("Francis A. Clarici V") - apparently this will go to a savings account or a 529 education fund.

There are 2 ways to contribute if you're interested:

a) You can send a check directly to the family--you'll need to make it payable to:

Francis A. Clarici V

Be sure that you have that V on there. That ensures that the checks are for Frankie V. If you want to add something in the memo line, say "for Education Fund" or "In Pops Memory". Then Frankie IV can take them to the bank where they have a stamp they can put on them.

If you want to send a check directly, please email me (dan@spritespot.com) or PM me (I will check in regularly over the next couple of days) and I will send you the address (again, I don't want to post that online for the sake of the family).

b) You can donate through SpriteSpot, and I will be more than happy to send the money to the family as a (hopefully) big check from the SpriteSpot family. To do this, you can use the "Donate" button on the front page of SpriteSpot--some of you have used that to help support the site (thank you) but for the immediate future any donations to SpriteSpot are going to Frankie V. If you use this method, you can make a contribution using PayPal (and even if you don't have a PayPal account you can use a credit card).

Frank's family (obviously) knew of his love of Sprites, and yet he also had a second family here--I'd REALLY like us to pull together and somehow make a difference as a Sprite community to Frankie V--nothing would make me happier than for the Clarici family to know it's more than just cars--and that we all appreciated Frank here at SpriteSpot.

p.s. If for some reason you have troubles with the donate button or PayPal process, but you still want to send a check and have it applied to the SpriteSpot community contribution, then please email or PM me and I'll send you my address, and I will consolidate any "paper check" contributions.

Thanks everyone--
Dan
dan
Site Admin

Re: Frank Clarici Memorial Fund: SpriteSpot Contribution

Postby vagt6 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:17 am

Dan, thank you for doing this, I'm sure the family will greatly appreciate it.
vagt6
948cc

Postby sswarin » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:28 pm

Dan,
Good idea....you've got my contribution.
Steve Swarin
'66 MGB-GT
'74 Midget (now a bugeye!)
sswarin
Pit Crew

Postby dan » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:41 pm

Thanks all--contributions are coming in--if you're thinking of contributing please do so--would very much like to send a nice check from SpriteSpot to the family!
dan
Site Admin

Postby dan » Wed May 04, 2011 9:38 pm

Hi all...just an update: have received quite a few donations from the group. Will be sending a check out (hopefully this weekend) so if you'd like to contribute please try and do so soon!

Thanks to everyone who's made a donation!

Dan
dan
Site Admin

Return to SpriteSpot.com Announcements