Forum Upgrade

This forum has general announcements for users of SpriteSpot.com and its forums (includes quick instructions and a walk-through for new user registration).

Forum Upgrade

Postby admin » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:42 pm

Hi all--

I've just undergone a MAJOR upgrade to the site, starting with the forums. Things SHOULD be working now, but if you experience ANY problems, please EMAIL ME at admin@spritespot.com

Thanks!
dan

p.s. I'm going to be working on the rest of the site, so that will be coming along as time permits...the forums have been first priority however, so hopefully all is well.

p.p.s. Click on "Board index" on the top left to get back to the forum home page.

p.p.p.s. Just to ease my mind, if a few of you initial readers would just reply to this and let me know all is well I'll feel a lot better...thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Forum Upgrade

Postby dan » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:27 pm

Update--

Looks like the majority of the site has transferred over (using a commercial hosting provider now). Still transferring the photos though...so that part of SpriteSpot will be down for another day or two (sorry).

Should result in improved performance though!
1960 Austin-Healey Bugeye Sprite
1985 Jaguar XJ6 VDP
dan
Site Admin

Postby hoggie » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:08 am

Found the forum upgrade notice after I thought my Opera browser was acting up. But it was the auto login and the lack of the avatar images that distracted me. The active topic page does find any topics. Possibly a result of reset counters. So possibly an issue with the avatar user profiles. I reloaded my avatar and it shows up now. Also noticed the SpriteSpot logo image is missing. But I see you are still working on the image files, so that might explain everything. I'll have to look around a bit and see whats new.

Thanks,

Mike
hoggie
1098cc

Postby dan » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:12 pm

Thanks Mike--those are thing I will need to look at (the avatar files being one of them...that's likely something I forgot and I may be able to migrate those...thanks!)

And the photo gallery should be up now...so hopefully that's working too!

d
1985 Jaguar XJ6 VDP
dan
Site Admin

Postby dan » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:06 pm

Well, it looks like I've been able bring over the standard avatars, but for users that have uploaded their own custom avatars, those (for whatever reason) don't seem to be coming over well...so rather than bugger up the new system and upgrade I'm going to ask that users simply re-upload their custom avatars.

Hope that won't be an issue for folks (and many had some very nice avatars...)

Other than that (and as I recall I had a similar issue the last time I had to do this) it seems we're coming along well. I expect that performance will be WAY improved (especially the photo gallery) as I won't be encumbered by my local upload speeds--all good news!

Thanks to everyone for supporting SpriteSpot!

d
1985 Jaguar XJ6 VDP
dan
Site Admin

Postby Grunthaner » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:56 pm

Cool looking forward to the new upgrades : )
Linda
Grunthaner
Pit Crew

Return to SpriteSpot.com Announcements