SpriteSpot Video Tech Tips

This forum has general announcements for users of SpriteSpot.com and its forums (includes quick instructions and a walk-through for new user registration).

SpriteSpot Video Tech Tips

Postby admin » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:28 pm

Well, I've finally gotten around to this...have wanted to be able to take video and post some "how-to's" on SpriteSpot for a long time. It's taken me a while to get this part of the site programmed, and I'm looking for a few folks to check out the video section and be sure it's working for you (and if so please post to this thread to let me know if you're able to see the videos or whether you're having any technical issues).

I do want to thank John Twist at University Motors for our first set of videos. John has been producing how-to videos for a number of years, and he's graciously allowed us to use them on SpriteSpot (THANKS JOHN!)

Please note as well that if you enjoy John's videos, please consider purchasing his "techbook".

It's $40 postpaid, and you can simply call John at 616-682-0800 with your USPS address and charge card number, or email him at johntwist@universitymotorsltd.com with your card number, expiration date and three digit code.

Safety Fast!
John H Twist
University Motors Ltd
6490 Fulton Street East
Ada, MI 49301
616 682 0800
616 682 0801 Fax
http://www.universitymotorsltd.com

Thanks again John!

Oh--one more thing--if there are any aspiring movie directors out there that would like to contribute some how-to's please drop me an email. I'd love to expand this section in the spirit of the old "Tech Sessions" that folks in our car clubs used to have (which usually meant hanging out in a member's garage with a few pints and taking something apart). :) Even so, it was always fun, and a way for the experienced folks to share their knowledge...and I'd like to see if we can use this section of the website to continue that tradition!
admin
Site Admin

Re: SpriteSpot Video Tech Tips

Postby admin » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:44 pm

Whoops!

I asked folks to reply to the message to let me know things were working, and I had this forum set to read only! :oops: :oops:

Glad Mike sent me a PM to let me know!

(Should be back to normal now!)
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:57 am

Have posted a few more videos today on SU Carbs (some really good stuff!) and will try and add additional videos over the coming days...

Also--would like a bit of feedback as to how best to organize and categorize these--I'm leaning toward following the headings of the shop manual (i.e. engine, electric, fuel, etc.) but am open to suggestions...please drop me a PM or post here with your thoughts!

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Postby rob66sprite » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:32 pm

I have not gone through many videos yet but they played without issues. I think this is a really nice feature for guys like me who are handy with tools in general but have little experience with the details. I am sure I will be a big user of the videos as the various needs arrive.
Rob
Rob
66 Sprite (work in progress)
www.facebook.com/rob66sprite
rob66sprite
948cc

Postby peter an5l » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:16 pm

Hi Dan, wow, well done. Advertised the video thing on the German Spridgets.net site and folks are amased what they ve seen.
Keep up the high standart.
Thanks once more
Peter
peter an5l
1098cc

Postby admin » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:47 pm

Thanks for the feedback--have put a few more videos up today.

It takes a bit of time to manage, but will keep adding them a few each day until I have them available to folks.
admin
Site Admin

Postby garyfrogeye » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:59 am

Excellent and it all seems to work perfectly. I thing you've just raised the level of Spritespot to another level.
It can only be a matter of time before Spritespot makes a bid for Youtube :D
Gary L
1958 Frogeye
London, England.
http://frogeye.smugmug.com/
garyfrogeye
1098cc

Postby jaegze » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:03 pm

garyfrogeye wrote:Excellent and it all seems to work perfectly. I thing you've just raised the level of Spritespot to another level.
:D

Exactly, Ive been able to watch a few of the videos now and I no doubt will be utilizing this feature. Excellent work!!
Mike J.

59 lhd, 59 rhd BE
63,69 Sprite
69,74 Midget
74 RB MGB
jaegze
Pit Crew

Return to SpriteSpot.com Announcements