[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SpriteSpot.com • View topic - NEW USERS PLEASE READ

NEW USERS PLEASE READ

This forum has general announcements for users of SpriteSpot.com and its forums (includes quick instructions and a walk-through for new user registration).

NEW USERS PLEASE READ

Postby admin » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:54 am

We continue to have a rash of "spam" users registering on the forums. These are folks who register solely for the purposes of posting messages advertising products or websites totally unrelated to Sprites & Midgets.

Despite quite a few programming modifications to the board designed to stop automated registrations, our board remains vulnerable to "real people" registering. Most of the time, the registrations are relatively easy to spot (with bogus names, or obviously fake email addresses) but sometimes it's difficult...so in order to help the easy identification of bogus users, please try and adhere to the following rules when registering:

Pick a username that "makes sense"...either a name (JohnSmith) or a handle (SpriteJohn59) that would "fit" the spirit of our community.

Make sure you register with a "real" email address (i.e. yahoo, gmail, hotmail, comcast or the like). Please avoid 3rd party services (like mailinator, or the like). If you have your own website and URL (i.e. dan@spritespot.com) then PLEASE be sure that the website is up and running--if it's not, it's a "red flag" that it's a spam site.

Best would be to have your SpriteSpot username be the same as your email name (i.e. "PaulSmith@gmail.com" for your email, and "PaulSmith" for your SpriteSpot ID). Quite a few of our members have registered this way, and it makes it easy to identify "real" members this way.

Finally (and MOST IMPORTANTLY) please post on the forums--even if it's just a "Hi--I'm John, and I've got a 1960 Bugeye" or "I'm Paul and I'm interested in maybe buying a Midget" or "Hi, I'm George and I'm just curious as to what this site is about" or even "I'm Ringo and I play the drums." -- Pretty much ANYTHING so that I can see that you're posting and it's a "real person".

Thanks--I'm hoping that a few simple guidelines like this will help minimize the amount of spam and spam users on the site. While it's likely it'll be an ongoing problem, I'm hopeful we'll be able to keep them to a minimum using these techniques.
admin
Site Admin

Re: NEW USERS PLEASE READ

Postby flyinga » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:55 pm

New user. I currently own a 1959 Bugeye, 1960 Bugeye and 1968 Sprite.
Thank You
flyinga
Pit Crew

Postby uli_j » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:54 pm

Hi,
New user. I own my 59 frogeyed Sprite since 1981. She was stored for more than 25 years - back on the road since 2006.

Thank you,
Uli
uli_j
Pit Crew

Postby JMTrice » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:53 am

Hi New user, Joel Trice. I still have my first car a 66MkIII and just picked up a bugeye.
JMTrice
Pit Crew

Postby dlusk » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:28 am

new user. 25 year owner of a 59 bugeye. this site is a great source of info!! Happy Holidays!!!
dlusk
Pit Crew

Postby mjmfrogeye » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:40 pm

Hi

New member, own a 1961 Frogeye restoration project and have visited site many times for info. Great help!
mjmfrogeye
Pit Crew

Postby archaeolosprite » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:54 pm

Hello - new member attempting to breath life into a 59 sprite - thanks for the excellent resource!
archaeolosprite
Pit Crew

Postby sg18438 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:26 pm

Hi...My name is Steve and I am the proud owner of 1961 Bugeye that has been incrementally restored over the past 11 years. I look forward to the expertise and probably compassion I will find on spritespot.com.
sg18438
Pit Crew

Postby MaxU » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:26 am

Hi,
I'm Max and just purchased a 59 Bugeye. I'm sure I will need all your valuable knowledge.
Thanks in advance!
MaxU
Pit Crew

Postby Htorjusen » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Hello,

My name is Howard and I am currently in the market for a bugeye. I currently own a 1977 MGB and have owned various British cars over the past 20+ years. Looking forward to learning from all of you.

Howard
Htorjusen
Pit Crew

Postby hoggie » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:08 am

Welcome aboard.

You'll find a lot of bugeye expertise on this site.
hoggie
1098cc

New user question for help:1960 Bugeye Weber problem

Postby BG AYE » Tue May 17, 2011 12:05 pm

Hi

I just bought a 1960 Bugeye, modified with a 1100cc motor and Weber carb. It runs pretty well, but once warmed up dies as I come to a stop from a deceleration. Blipping the throttle as I stop returns it to a reasonable idle state, but still will die in a few seconds if I don't keep blipping the gas.

Maybe a vacuum advance problem? Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks,

Richard
BG AYE
Pit Crew

Postby Stepleton58Bugeye » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:53 pm

New user here. Have a 58 Bugeye I restored 9 years ago. Saw reference to this site in the Yahoo Bugeye Group.
Stepleton58Bugeye
Pit Crew

Re: New user question for help:1960 Bugeye Weber problem

Postby hoggie » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:22 pm

hoggie
1098cc

Postby fwnbugi » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:32 am

New user. I own a 1961 bugeye
fwnbugi
Pit Crew

Next