[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
SpriteSpot.com • View topic - SpriteSpot.com Photos are Here!

SpriteSpot.com Photos are Here!

This forum has general announcements for users of SpriteSpot.com and its forums (includes quick instructions and a walk-through for new user registration).

SpriteSpot.com Photos are Here!

Postby admin » Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:21 pm

SpriteSpot Photos Launched!

Yes, SpriteSpot.com now offers web hosting of photos for our members! This will allow our members to upload photos to SpriteSpot.com. Photos can then be referenced in the forums (maybe to illustrate a special part or demonstrate a repair technique), or simply shared with friends. (Detailed instructions for adding photos to forum messages are available in our FAQ.)

SpriteSpot members can upload any car-related photos that may be of interest to other users. This would include pictures of your car, car shows, parts for sale or swap, memorabilia--pretty much anything! (Well, your photos do have to to "PG" rated!)

All you'll need is a username and password (we're doing this manually at this point, but I hope to be able to automate the process in the future. For now, simply contact me (post in the forums, private message me in the forums, or email me) asking to be included and you'll be ready to go). Then click on the link in the main menu (on the left) and you'll be able to create your own photo albums, and upload your own photos.

Anyone will be able to look at the photos (even without a password) so please keep that in mind as you upload your images. Also, please be sure to keep an original photo on your own computer as a backup. Members can create as many photo albums as they'd like, and upload as many photos as they'd like.

Please refer to our FAQ if you have further questions, or please post to the forums (you can also feel free to email me with any questions if you'd prefer).
admin
Site Admin

Postby Matt » Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:23 pm

Maybe you could automatically give each forum user an account using their username and password.......
Matt
948cc

Postby dan » Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:34 pm

I'd love to, but user passwords are encrypted (i.e. I don't have any way to know what your password is, which is a good thing!)

:)

I'm researching now whether there's an interface developed that allows sharing of usernames and passwords between phpBB and Gallery (the two software programs we're using for SpriteSpot).

Until then, we should be able to manage manually (eventually, everyone will likely have their logins...)

d
dan
Site Admin

Postby Matt » Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:38 pm

are the password stroed in a database, where you can see the encrypted passwords? if so I can give you some PHP code........

I have uploaded some photos now too....... (and I cant see where to change the password...

Lets see if we can put images in the body of the text...

Matt
948cc

Postby dan » Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:13 pm

To change your password, click on the "preferences" link once you're logged into the photo site.
dan
Site Admin

Postby dan » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:37 pm

Just took a look at SpriteSpot photos and we're developing a nice collection of pictures there.

If you haven't visited, please stop by for a click:

If you have some images you'd like to post, please do so--I think it adds a lot to the site to have members with their own "collections" of photos and car-related images.

Space is free for the asking (you'll just need to let me know you'd like an account on SpriteSpot photos, and we'll get you set up--Just send me a "PM" (Private Message))

Thanks!
d
dan
Site Admin

Re: SpriteSpot.com Photos are Here!

Postby Boink » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:20 pm

Is the user and password the SAME as on the main boards? They don't appear to be as I can't get in using what I *think* is my user name and password. Odd.

And when I try to register, I get an error that I must contact the "gallery administrator" because it doesn't like my (real) email.
Boink
Pit Crew

Re: SpriteSpot.com Photos are Here!

Postby hoggie » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:37 am

The photo section requires a separate userid and password. Send Dan a PM to get access.
hoggie
1098cc

Return to SpriteSpot.com Announcements